Barney Banks: Extra Life! NEW PAGE


Banks page 31 is up at Act-I-Vate. Here are the notes from when I was writing/drawing this:

-------------------

Having just finished the section where Barney gets up to use the can, and Lodi lures him into doing some YOGA. I had a short list of potential next sections, this being the formally weird, “lettered” sections. Don't know what to do! Here's a shot of my ideas: (Godard, etc pic here.) Instead I realized none of these were quite right yet. The Godard thing could happen later, the hippo thing soon (though I don't know what it is.) I went to sleep 2 nights ago doodling, nothing much. But today when I looked again, there was this guy, with his tummy making noise. I don't even remember drawing it. Perfect. If he's hungry, if all the VGers are hungry, then we're in great shape to show Lodi more stressed, to have fun with this section (that's what these sections are about) and to further separate Banks and the rest. I immediately sketched these thumbnails (37+):

Then, browsing through cards, looking at other stray pieces of paper, I put together this: The third part doesn't want to be nailed down yet. I can feel it NOT wanting to be codified. But part 1 just gelled, and most of part 2 is starting to feel right. Fun fun fun. Great.

Comments

Popular Posts