Guess who hasn't blogged in 18 months? Why not now? sure, why not?

What have I been up to? Building an online school, here


parenting, teaching, fretting about the world and country and state and water and planet, and working on a book about graphic memoir. To finish that book, I am working on a small autobiographical piece about FORESTS.

This blog post is a quick bit about that. 


Back to work


Trying to make this horrendous page work. I have tired of drawing myself, particularly my rat's nest hair. Also, that first, undecipherable panel is designed to be redrawn by my genius friend, Justine. I have no idea how to draw all that foliage. Or at least I'll let her teach me...


A few more inks


This page in rough pencils.




Thought I was liking the inks in panel 2...


But soon realized, after I drew panel 1, that panel 2 made no sense in context. The trees needed to come into focus in panel 3. Panel 2 needed to still be out of focus. 


Here's an attempt at that. We'll see how that goes...

Thanks for 


Comments

Popular Posts